5.09.2013

Em Gems {Spring 2013}

Someone asked if Em had cut her own bangs. No, no, that's just how they're growing in. So I decided maybe it was time I cut them. She may as well have cut them herself for how that turned out...

I tend a boy named Garrett and a girl named Lily. Em calls them Carrot and Chili, but don't worry, she hasn't tried to eat them. She loves them dearly--when they're not playing with her toys.

Currently her favorite song is "A Bushel and A Peck" by Doris Day:


"I love you a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck though you make my heart a wreck
Make my heart a wreck and you make my life a mess
Make my life a mess, yes a mess of happiness
About you."



My mess of happiness
She's started talking in a voice I can only describe as a robot who smokes a pack a day, or like Roz (the secretary) on Monsters Inc. It makes me laugh, especially when she says "I love you" in this scratchy new voice. 

She used to shout out, "She's awake! She's awake!" in the morning, so we'd come get her out of her crib. Sadly that's been replaced with crying and screaming, "Mooommmmyyy!" 


And finally, Em started calling me "Mister Mommy." No idea where that came from. Glade is "Mister Daddy." Maybe eventually he'll become Mrs. Daddy?